Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 7: Best day!

Day 7

Today when I woke up I was very tired but was excited because today was the day we went to the beach! After a short bus ride, we got to a shuttle looking type boat that took us to the beach. Before swimming we went on a hike. This hike was very interesting because we climbed up a hill firstly displaying the story of the stations of the cross, then to a buddhist temple, and lastly to a large Jesus statue watching over the town. This was very cool seeing Catholicism in such a different country and seeing it for the first time on such a large scale versus just statues at church at home.

Although I love hiking and it was very neat, this adventure felt as if I could be on the show Survivor since the heat was gruesome and I felt I had already gone swimming from all the sweat. On the bright side this felt like a good detox sweating out all the bad American food I had eaten. 

Getting to the beach literally felt like getting to paradise. The water was soooo refreshing after such a hot day. Being in the water finally gave me the chance to see Vietnam in a different way, not just as being irritated and annoyed from the heat, but as such a beautiful place. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to come here and experience such amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment