Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 6: Tunnels

Day 6

Today we went and visited the Chu Chi tunnels. This so far I think is one of the most interesting things we have done. Just driving to the tunnels was an experience, seeing all the farm land and houses. Even seeing all the chickens and water buffalo walking around was neat. 

When we got to the historical site we walked through the jungle. Seeing all the different place and trees while sweating from the humid heat I could help but compare my experience now to Forrest Gump. We watched a video what was provided that really portrayed the Vietnamese opinion of the war, referring to Americans as devils. This was truly a unique experience since this is the first time hearing propaganda first hand against America. 

Crawling through the tunnels was so interesting. I am so impressed how normal civilians were able to craft such an intricate tunnel system. I also was impressed at how the Vietnamese military lived in them. Just crawling in them I was terrified of all the bugs and bats. I definitely would not be a good military member.... 

It was so hot that we were all so tired at the end of the day that I immediately showered and took a nap when we got back. We went out to dinner at a "French" restaurant, aka a restaurant that served pasta. It still had its own Vietnamese twist and can 100% positively say I miss American food!

I took a lot of pictures that I will post later!


No comments:

Post a Comment