Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 11: Last Day of School!

Day 11

Today started off with our last day at UEF. We started out with culture class. This class just made me so much more sad about leading. We then had language class where we had our final test. Learning Vietnamese is a lot harder than I had expected. I do not think I did too well but I still feel as if I have learned a lot through this short 2 week period! 

Once we left UEF we went to the War Remnants museum. This museum was basically a museum for the Vietnam-American war. It was very weird seeing propaganda against America but it did not upset me extremely because thats what war is and its a bad thing that will always exist. The thing that I found most uncomfortable was how everyone just stared at us. However, this is the first time we had experienced any different type of treatment or stood out with relation to the Vietnam war which I found to be understandable. Picturing the same type of situation but flipped and having a Vietnamese person in America at a same type museum still may feel a little awkward for that person I can imagine. 

We ended the day was a final dinner at the Rex hotel with everyone. It was nice but sad that my stay in Vietnam was closing. The Rex hotel was beautiful and gave us a great view of the city and some delicious food. We then went out with one of the business men we had met and it was fun, yet I am very ready to leave and go to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment