Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 12: The End

Day 12


Today we started the day with a soccer match against the UEF students. Although it was very very very hot we still did pretty well. The game ended in a tie. Can't say my soccer skills are still too good but it was fun. We then played basketball which also was so fun even though I am even worse at basketball than soccer. 

After I took a quick nap then went out to lunch with some Vietnamese students. I will definitely miss them so much!!!  I then packed and left for our final good bye dinner which was on a boat. The dinner was very nice and so was the boat, with entertainment from swallowing fire to different kinds of dance. It was definitely a sad moment since we all won't see eachother for awhile.

This last day is very bittersweet. I am sad to be leaving but happy to be going home. I am so lucky and blessed to have had this opportunity. Not only was I able to come to Vietnam but to come with a program that allowed me to meet first hand with businesses and be able to understand the culture even better by meeting with students near my age here. In addition to all this, I was able to visit a country that America has had so much history with with a Vietnam War veteran. This trip has helped me to grow in many different ways. I can not say how lucky and thankful I am for this life changing experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment